First increased bonus post for the blog! Please note that I will always try to post the best sign-up bonus, but you should also do your research!
Normally, this card rewards you with 40,000 points after spending $1,000 in 120 days; however, the current bonus is almost double that! Currently, and for an unknown length of time, the bonus is 75,000 points after spending $2,000 in 90 days. After 90 days, you should have 79,000 points at minimum (75,000 bonus + at least 4,000 points [2 points for every dollar])
In addition, this card earns the following number of points:
- 6 points per dollar spent at Hilton
- 3 points per dollar spent at gas stations, drugstores, and supermarkets
- 2 points per dollar everywhere else
Other card benefits:
- Hilton HHonors Silver Status
- Fast track to HHonors Gold status after four stays within your first 90 days of account opening or when you make $20,000 or more in purchases each calendar year
- Earn an annual loyalty bonus of 10,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points at the end of each calendar year in which you spend $1,000 or more on stays within the Hilton Portfolio
- $0 annual fee
A $0 annual fee card is a great card to have in your arsenal, as you can keep it open forever, helping to increase your credit score by upping your average age of accounts.
So this is all great, but what does 79,000 points get you?
- 10 nights at a Category 1 property
- 6 nights at a Category 2 property
- 3 nights at a Category 3 property
- 2 nights at a Category 4 or 5 property
- 1 night at a Category 6 property
OK, but what does that mean? Well…good Hilton properties generally start at Category 4 or 5. But on the off-chance you’re headed to Krakow, Poland–you’re all set for 10 days of fun. Hilton sometimes also allows you to book with points and cash. We’re doing a little of both on our Hawaii trip.
One of the best resources for finding hotels is Award Mapper. This tool lets you choose the chain of hotel you want to look, the location, and how many points per night. This is how we located Hilton properties on both Oahu and the Big Island.
Let me know if you have any questions!