We spent a lot of time in the car today! The drive from the resort to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (which is celebrating its 100th birthday this year!) is ~2 hours away by car. Ouch! But it was definitely worth it–very cool, and I highly recommend it! On the way there we stopped in Hilo for a quick walkabout, and ran into someone from NH, what a small world! We also stopped at Volcano Winery and did the wine tasting, also highly recommended!
Day Three’s adventures included: walking through the Waimea Valley Nature Park and seeing the waterfall, exploring Haleiwa, sitting on the beach at Sunset Beach, and learning how to surf (!!!), and looking out over Hawaii from Nu’uanu Pali Lookout. Let me say, surfing is REALLY HARD, but Nick and I had a great time.
Happy Saturday! We’re on our way to the airport for our Hawaii vacation! Expect next week to be lighter, but I’ll try and share some photos from the trip!
- Go West! Introduction
- Go West! New York-Chicago
- Go West! Chicago-Seattle-New York
- Go West! How It Was Accomplished
- Etihad is now a transfer partner with the American Express Membership Rewards Program at a 1:1 transfer rate. Read more here. (h/t The Points Guy)
- You all already know that I love the Amtrak card, but it’s nice to see other bloggers (especially those with WAY more readers [hi Mom!] than I do) talk about its benefits. Read more here. (h/t The Points Guy)