For those of you who know me, you’ll know that I like things organized. Like, really, really organized. Like Leslie Knope organized.
So it would probably not surprise you to learn that I meticulously track how many points Nick and I earn. It’s one of those things that lets me quantify how we’re doing in the points game and keeps tabs on my accounts (p.s. if you haven’t checked out Awardwallet, I highly suggest you do!). I dunno, I like numbers, sue me.
In any case, this is the long-winded introduction to reporting back on how many points Nick and I were able to earn in the first quarter of 2016. So far this year, we’ve earned a collective 187,156 points, from three credit card bonuses, organic spend, and shopping portals. How does that break down?
- American Express:
- Sam: 28,461 points (includes bonus from American Express EveryDay)
- Sam: 2,642 points
- Sam: 2,108 points ($21.08 cash back)
- Nick: 952 points ($9.52 cash back)
- Delta Air Lines:
- Sam: 139 points
- Sam: 264 points
- Nick: 89,107 points (included bonus from American Express Hilton)
- Sam: 62,623 points (includes bonus from Chase IHG Select)
- Sam: 620 points
- United Airlines:
- Sam: 88 points
During this quarter, we redeemed the following points:
- Sam: -3,000 points for a $30 Whole Foods gift card
We’re off to a good start! Check back next quarter to see what we earned and burned!