It’s here! Harry Potter World Month! Woooo–only 13 days until our trip! Here’s a quick recap of this week’s posts:
- Recap-October Travel: October was a busy month of travel, starting off with an unexpected trip. Here’s a recap of how it all went down. Continue reading.
- The Curious Tale of my Starwood Starpoints: As you may be away, Starwood is a hotel chain. If you weren’t away, now you are! Earlier this year, I signed up for the Starwood SPG credit card by American Express when the sign-up bonus was 35,000 points. This is the tale of how I didn’t use a single point for hotel stays. Continue reading.
- A Non-Exhaustive List of Things I’ve Read On Trains This Year: So here’s the deal, I like writing about travel and I like reading books, so sometimes I’m going to write about books. Here is a non-exhaustive list of things I’ve read this year while traveling, maybe it’ll spark your next book. Continue reading.
Other things of note:
- There are currently tons of great AMEX Offers out there (more on how great they are next week), but for now, here’s an example from Doctor of Credit–10% off your insurance bill, up to $30. Read more here.
- From Consumerist, 8 things that have come to light recently regarding Allegiant’s history or midair mechanical failures. More here.
- British Airways is adding more service to the Bay Area, in apparent attempts to thwart Norweigan growth. More details over at the Cranky Flier.