We’re back to our regularly scheduled Saturday Round-Up, so without further ado:
1. Recap: A Year of AMEX Offers – Let’s look back at my year of savings using American Express Offers. If you’re not sure what these are, here’s a brief description from American Express. Continue reading here.
2. Chase Freedom Q1/Q2 Categories Announced – Yesterday, Chase confirmed their 5% cash back categories for the first two quarters of 2017. Are we in for something new–or a return of the categories we have come to expect? Continue reading here.
3. Why it Pays to Book in Advance – On Monday, I thought about upgrading my Amtrak ticket from Acela Business to Acela First, as I’ve always wanted to try Amtrak’s First Class service. I had originally booked my trip home back in September, a one-way Acela Business class ticket for 4,297 points.Continue reading here.
4. AAA and Amtrak–A Match Made in Heaven? – I am always looking for a way to save money on travel–money I don’t spend on one trip, I can use for another! In today’s post, we’re looking at whether or not it makes sense for someone who rides Amtrak to get an AAA Membership. Continue reading here.
Elsewhere around the blogosphere:
1. First off, did you know Tanzania had a national airline? You did not. They just ordered three new aircraft, which is always a cool thing for a small airline. Read more here.
2. After a lengthy delay from the DOT, Norwegian is finally allowed to operate flights to the US under their Irish AOC (Air Operators Certificate). Read more over at Skift to find out what this means for transatlantic travel here.
3. Oops! Apparently Southwest forgot to file the paperwork needed to legally began flying from LA to places in Mexico, and didn’t realize until 3 days after they started flying those routes! Read more over on Skift.